Merges bracketed photos and saves the merged image as Floating Point TIFF file.
This plugin does not render the Floating Point TIFF file it creates. If you want to create HDR photos from Lightroom with Photomatix HDR Tone Mapping and Exposure Fusion, please download instead the Photomatix Plugin for Lightroom, which is included for free in Photomatix Pro.
This plugin requires Lightroom 4.1 or higher.
Download the Plugin by clicking one of the links below depending on your OS:
Merge to 32-bit Plugin 1.2 for Windows 64-bit (Windows 7 64-bit / Windows 8 64-bit)
Merge to 32-bit Plugin 1.2 for Windows 32-bit (Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 32-bit / Windows 8 32-bit)
Merge to 32-bit Plugin 1.2 for Mac OS X (10.5 or higher)
Using the Plugin
- After installation, restart Lightroom if you are on Windows (or used the installer on Mac)
- Select bracketed photos from either the Filmstrip or the Grid.
- Right-click to invoke the contextual menu.
- Select Export and then Merge to 32-bit HDR
- Select the desired options and click on the Merge button
- In case the merged image does not show once the merge has completed, click above the filmstrip and check All Photographs.
- You can then adjust the merged image in Lightroom's Develop module.
The Floating Point TIFF file that this plugin creates is meant to be rendered using Lightroom Develop module, and not Photomatix HDR processes.
Images shown in the user gallery of the HDRsoft.com website were not created using the Merge to 32-bit Plug-in.
Merging to 32-bit without the Plug-in
- Open Photomatix Pro and click on the Load Bracketed Photos button.
- On the dialog to load the photos, check the Show intermediary 32-bit HDR image box.
- Select the desired option on the Pre-Processing Options dialog, and click OK
- Once the merge is completed, choose File > Save As....
- Select the Floating Point TIFF (.tif) item on the File Format combo-box and click OK.
- Import the saved TIFF file into Lightroom.
Photomatix Pro can already merge to HDR to create a 32-bit HDR file accepted by Lightroom as described below. The Merge to 32-bit Plug-in for Lightroom adds convenience, but is not necessary if you have Photomatix Pro.