(Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - 64-bit / 32-bit - download size: 25 MB)
(Mac OS X v10.5 through v10.11 - download size: 12 MB)
You can also directly download the Photomatix Pro 5.1 for Mac app
if you prefer to install manually or in case the automatic installation wouldn't work.
Plugin for Lightroom
The Photomatix Pro download includes the Plugin for Lightroom. If Adobe Lightroom is installed on your computer, the installer will also install the Plugin that lets you use Photomatix Pro from Lightroom.
For more information, see this short tutorial on the Lightroom Plugin and detailed installation instructions.
If you haven't taken bracketed photos yet, you are welcome to download these samples:
Video Tutorials on Taking Bracketed Photos for HDR
For tips and other useful information, see the Photomatix FAQ.
The User Manual is available from the Help menu of Photomatix Pro, but you can also access it online here:
User Manual Photomatix Pro for Windows
User Manual Photomatix Pro for Mac
Main updates in version 5.1
- Added support for recent camera models such as the Nikon D7200 and Canon G7X, EOS M3, and 750D/760D (T6i/T6s).
- Ability to mark presets as Favorites (by clicking on the 'star' icon to the left of each thumbnail) and filter the preset list to only show those favorites.
- Fusion/Real-Estate renamed into Fusion/Interior and now includes a Brightness setting.
- Addition of "Architecture" category to filter Presets.
- By default, the preset name or method name is now appended to the file name of the final image. You can also adjust the suffix in the Preferences panel.
- On Batch of Bracketed Photos, addition of Base Exposure option for deghosting.
- The alignment is now done with one alignment method for all cases. The alignment settings (perspective correction option and maximum alignment shift) can be pre-selected via an Alignment Preset pull-down menu.
- "License Information" panel shows the license status, as well as the license key if a Photomatix Pro copy has already been registered on the computer.
New in version 5
- New Tone Mapping method designed to give realistic looking results while preserving details in the highlight and shadow. It is called Contrast Optimizer and comes with the 'Balanced' and 'Vibrant' Presets.
- New Fusion method called Fusion/Interior. It is intended for rendering interior scenes with a view out of the window.
- Option to enable Exposure Fusion when a single RAW file is loaded.
- Automatic Deghosting offers additional options: You can adjust the Deghosting strength and select the base exposure used, with the help of a preview of the deghosted image.
- Updates in Batch of Bracketed Photos: You can now select a Preset directly from the main batch window, and can also process with multiple presets and custom settings.
- More options on Workflow Shortcuts panel. In particular, ability to return with one click to the last session to process the image again with different settings.
- Option in Preferences to refresh the Preview continuously as slider moves (not available in Win 32-bit version).
Update Log Photomatix Pro for Windows
Update Log Photomatix Pro for Mac OS X
Older Photomatix Pro versions