Photomatix Essentials 4.0 for Win 32-bit (Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 32-bit / Windows 8 32-bit)
Photomatix Essentials 4.0 for Mac (Mac OS X v10.6 through v10.10)
If you haven't taken bracketed photos yet, you are welcome to download these samples:
|3 photos two stops apart - Cove Point Lighthouse (3.5 MB - 1800 x 1198 resolution)|
|3 photos two stops apart - Venice Grand Canal (4 MB - 3504 x 2336 resolution)|
|3 photos two stops apart - Cevennes landscape (10 MB - 3504 x 2336 resolution)|
For tips and other useful information, see the Photomatix FAQ.
The User Manual is included in Photomatix Essentials, but you can also access it online here:
New in version 4
- New Tone Mapping method designed to give realistic looking results while preserving details in highlight and shadow. It is called Contrast Optimizer and comes with the 'Balanced' and 'Vibrant' Presets.
- Finishing Touch step to add Contrast or Sharpening before saving.
- Back button to return to the Adjust & Preview step and apply other settings.
- Preview checkbox in the Adjust & Preview step to toggle between the original and the image with settings applied.
- Option in Preferences to refresh the Preview continuously as slider moves.