Photomatix Essentials 4.0 for Win 32-bit (Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 32-bit / Windows 8 32-bit)
Photomatix Essentials 4.0 for Mac (Mac OS X v10.6 through v10.10)
You can also directly download the Photomatix Essentials 4.0 for Mac app if you prefer to install manually or in case the automatic installation wouldn't work.
Are you a Photoshop Elements 13 user? If so, please help us beta test the Photomatix Essentials Plugin in Photoshop Elements 13 and get a free license in return.
The Photomatix Essentials Plugin offers the features of Photomatix Essentials as Plugin for Photoshop Elements and is currently in beta testing.
If you haven't taken bracketed photos yet, you are welcome to download these samples:
|3 photos two stops apart - Cove Point Lighthouse (3.5 MB - 1800 x 1198 resolution)|
|3 photos two stops apart - Venice Grand Canal (4 MB - 3504 x 2336 resolution)|
|3 photos two stops apart - Cevennes landscape (10 MB - 3504 x 2336 resolution)|
For tips and other useful information, see the Photomatix FAQ.
The User Manual is included in Photomatix Essentials, but you can also access it online here:
New in version 4
- New Tone Mapping method designed to give realistic looking results while preserving details in highlight and shadow. It is called Contrast Optimizer and adds the 'Balanced' and 'Vibrant' Presets.
- Finishing Touch step to add Contrast or Sharpening before saving.
- Back button to return to the Adjust & Preview step and apply other settings.
- Preview checkbox in the Adjust & Preview step to toggle between the original and the image with settings applied.
- Option in Preferences to refresh the Preview continuously as slider moves (not available in Win 32-bit version).
Older Photomatix Essentials versions
- Photomatix Essentials version 3.2.3