(Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - 64-bit / 32-bit) download size: 24 MB
(Mac OS X v10.6 through v10.11) download size: 8 MB)
Photomatix Essentials is also available as a Plugin for Photoshop. The Plugin is primarily intended for Photoshop Elements, but it works in Photoshop CS/CC too.
Note: The Mac version of the Plugin doesn't currently support CS5.
If you haven't taken bracketed photos yet, you are welcome to download these samples:
See how to set up Automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB) on various camera models.
For tips and other useful information, see the Photomatix FAQ.
The User Manual is included in Photomatix Essentials, but you can also access it online here:
User Manual Photomatix Essentials for Windows
New in version 4
- New Tone Mapping method designed to give realistic looking results while preserving details in highlight and shadow. It is called Contrast Optimizer and adds the 'Balanced' and 'Vibrant' Presets.
- Finishing Touch step to add Contrast or Sharpening before saving.
- Back button to return to the Adjust & Preview step and apply other settings.
- Preview checkbox in the Adjust & Preview step to toggle between the original and the image with settings applied.
- Option in Preferences to refresh the Preview continuously as slider moves (not available in Win 32-bit version).
Update Log Photomatix Essentials for Windows
Update Log Photomatix Essentials for Mac OS X
Older Photomatix Essentials versions