The Tone Mapping plugin enhances your images with HDR, letting you enjoy the creative freedom of Photomatix in Photoshop.
(Windows 7 / 8 /10)
Supports Photoshop CC, Photoshop CS4 and above, and Photoshop Elements.
(macOS 10.9 through Catalina)
Supports Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS4 and above.
Using the plugin
Once you've installed the Tone Mapping plugin, follow these steps to access and use it:
- Start or restart Photoshop.
- Merge images to HDR or open an image.
If you merge to HDR, do the following after merging:
Set the Mode combo-box to 32 Bit
Leave the Complete Toning in Adobe Camera Raw box unchecked
- Choose Filter > Photomatix > Tone Mapping
FAQ on the Tone Mapping Plugin for Photoshop
New in version 3
- Redesigned from the ground up with a brand new interface and more powerful editing
- New Contrast Optimizer and Tone Balancer tone mapping methods
- Blending tool to help achieve more natural results
- A Brush tool for more precise Blending and Color control
- Finishing Touch panel for final adjustments
- Change how preset thumbnails are displayed, mark presets as favorites, and save custom presets.
Older Tone Mapping Plug-In versions