(Windows 11 / 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - 64-bit / 32-bit)
(macOS 10.6 through Monterey)
Bracketed photos samples
If you haven't taken bracketed photos yet, you can download some on the exposure bracketed photos samples page.
See how to set up Automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB) on various camera models.
For tips and other useful information, see the Photomatix FAQ.
The User Manual is included in Photomatix Essentials, but you can also access it online here:
User Manual Photomatix Essentials for Windows
Updates in version 4.2
- New HDR method called Tone Balancer and associated 'Realistic' preset.
- EXIF data of source images are now fully preserved in the saved image.
- Support for recent camera models such as the Canon 6D Mark II and 5D Mark IV.
- Improved the consistency of how the settings adjustments sliders are listed on the left side of the Step 2 window: the Color Saturation and Brightness sliders are now available for all methods and positioned at the same place.
- Bug fixed (Windows only): When running under high display scaling setting, the 'Save' button wasn't accessible on the Step 3 window.
Updates in version 4.1
- Crop Tool added to the Step 3 window.
- Options to resize the image to a lower resolution before saving it.
- When a single photo is loaded, the 'Next' button automatically appears, allowing to go further without needing to check the box for its thumbnail.
- Support for recent camera models such as the Nikon D7200 and Canon G7X, EOS M3, and 750D/760D (T6i/T6s).
New in version 4
- New Tone Mapping method designed to give realistic looking results while preserving details in highlight and shadow. It is called Contrast Optimizer and adds the 'Balanced' and 'Vibrant' Presets.
- Finishing Touch step to add Contrast or Sharpening before saving.
- Back button to return to the Adjust & Preview step and apply other settings.
- Preview checkbox in the Adjust & Preview step to toggle between the original and the image with settings applied.
- Option in Preferences to refresh the Preview continuously as slider moves (not available in Win 32-bit version).
Older Photomatix Essentials versions