Note: This page lists resources on HDR photography and is not limited to only the Photomatix software. For online information specific to Photomatix, please visit the support page first.
- HDR Tutorial - Learn how to create HDR images in Photomatix Pro 5 from Wojciech Toman. Excellent resource for anyone using Photomatix Pro. Also offers free Photomatix presets and tutorial available as a downloadable PDF.
- Creating The Realistic HDR Image from B&H, an informative and accessible video tutorial by Tim Cooper. Excellent for amateurs, enthusiasts and professionals. looking to use HDR to create true to life photos.
- HDR with Lightroom and Photomatix from the LightroomFanatic.com website. A brief but informative tutorial that shows one way that an avid Lightroom user incorporates Photomatix into his HDR photography.
- Photomatix Pro 4 tutorial by Ferrell McCollough, author of the "Complete guide to High Dynamic Range digital photography" book, shares his insights and expertise to help others learn Photomatix Pro 4.0.
- Beginner's Photomatix HDR Tutorial and Photomatix Pro 4.2 Tutorial from the everydayHDR.com website.
- FAQ on HDR images for photography
- HDR Best Practices Guide starting with "Part I: In The Field" from Brian Matiash.
- A Plea For HDR: Informative essay on the HDR technique and its critics by Alexandre Buisse on the Luminous-Landscape website.
- HDR timelapse post-production workflow from Patryk Kizny, author of TheChapel (HDR timelapse).
Bracketed Photo Resources and Tools
- Taking bracketed photos for HDR: Video per camera model (Canon 600D & 5D, Nikon D7000 & D90, etc.)
- AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) settings by camera model.
- Promote Control: advanced bracketing control for DSLRs. Particularly useful for HDR time-lapse and for cameras that have limited bracketing options.
Books and other resources available for purchase through third parties
- Complete guide to High Dynamic Range digital photography by Ferrell McCollough: beautifully illustrated and practically oriented guide, including many technical advices you will not find anywhere else.
- The HDRI Handbook 2.0 High Dynamic Range Imaging for Photographers and CG Artists by Christian Bloch: In-depth exploration of all aspects of HDR imaging and techniques, including practical tips, artist interviews, and step-by-step tutorials.
- Mastering HDR Photography by Michael Freeman: well documented and researched book, covering essential elements of HDR and tonemapping, illustrating theory with practical examples, and including case studies.
- HDR Video Tutorial from Trey Ratcliff. Over 11 hours of video instruction for beginners and beyond.
- HDR and Photoshop: Colin Smith's guide to the world of HDR. The second edition is extended to 4 hours and updated for Photoshop CS5 and Photomatix 4.
- HDR Mastery: Ben Willmore's online class made into a DVD, showing step-by-step how to master HDR imaging.
- HDR Photography Made Easy: Tony Sweet shows all the steps in capturing and processing HDR images.
- Illuminating HDR by Mark S. Johnson: comprehensive guide on techniques for creating HDR images using Photomatix, Lightroom and Photoshop workflows, exploring both the technical and creative aspects of HDR.
- Top 10 Mistakes in HDR Processing from Trey Ratcliff.