Note: This page lists resources on HDR photography and not only on the Photomatix software. For online information specific to Photomatix, please visit the support page first.
Online articles and tutorials
- Photomatix Pro tutorial by Ferrell McCollough, author of the "Complete guide to High Dynamic Range digital photography" book.
- HDR Tutorial from artist Trey Ratcliff.
- HDR Best Practices Guide starting with "Part I: In The Field" from Brian Matiash.
- HHDR Images My Way: Leanne Cole shares her tips on processing an HDR image.
- A Plea For HDR: Informative essay on the HDR technique and its critics by Alexandre Buisse on the Luminous-Landscape website.
- HDR with Lightroom and Photomatix from LightroomFanatic.
- How to create 'High Dynamic Range' images using Photomatix by Pete Carr.
- Creating HDR Images, tips from Rick Sammon interviewed by Insider Secrets.
- HDR timelapse post-production workflow from Patryk Kizny, author of TheChapel (HDR timelapse).
- Beginner's Guide to HDR
- Tone Mapping in Photomatix and other HDR tutorials.
- High Dynamic Range digital photography: Well documented article published in the Royal Photographic Society Journal, November 2006.
- HDR Landscape Photography Tutorial: very comprehensive article covering both theoretical and practical aspects of HDR photography.
- HDR and Photoshop: Colin Smith's guide to the world of HDR. The second edition is extended to 4 hours and updated for Photoshop CS5 and Photomatix 4.
- HDR Mastery: Ben Willmore's online class made into a DVD, showing step-by-step how to master HDR imaging.
- HDR Photography Made Easy: Tony Sweet shows all the steps in capturing and processing HDR images.
- Complete guide to High Dynamic Range digital photography by Ferrell McCollough: beautifully illustrated and practically oriented guide, including many technical advices you will not find anywhere else.
- The HDRI Handbook 2.0 High Dynamic Range Imaging for Photographers and CG Artists by Christian Bloch: In-depth exploration of all aspects of HDR imaging and techniques, including practical tips, artist interviews, and step-by-step tutorials.
- Mastering HDR Photography by Michael Freeman: well documented and researched book, covering essential elements of HDR and tonemapping, illustrating theory with practical examples, and including case studies.
- Promote Control: advanced bracketing control for DSLRs. Particularly useful for HDR time-lapse and for cameras that have limited bracketing options.